Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use. However, here is a general break down of nutrition info for ONE COOKIE (batch made 24 cookies): Calories: 118 Carbs: 3 grams Dietary Fiber: 1.5 grams Net Carbs: 1.5 grams Fat: 12 grams Protein: 12 grams
I consider these cookies Dirty Keto because I used Sugar Free Hershey’s Chocolate Chips. Those particular chips have malitol, a sweetener which I generally avoid on Strict Keto. However, these chips were on sale, I only used 4 oz to make 24 cookies and I don’t plan to make them regularly. If I switch out the chocolate chips for Lily’s chips or other Keto chocolate, these can easily become Strict Keto. The choice is really up to you and the style in which you Keto. BTW…these were GOOD!!!! So good I had to freeze some so I would not be tempted to eat them for every meal. It has been 6 months since I have had any sort of cookie so I didn’t feel guilty for taking an extra one of these low carb goodies!!
Dirty Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
- 1 1/4 cup of Almond Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 8 Tablespoons of a Low Carb Sweetener ( I used Swerve)
- 10 Tablespoons of Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 4 oz Sugar Free Chocolate Chips of your choice
- 2 oz of Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Combine Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Salt, Baking Soda & Baking Powder in a bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the Butter with an electric mixer until soft, about 2 minutes. Mix in low Carb Sweetener and continue to cream the Butter until it is light and fluffy (at least 5 more minutes). The longer you cream the butter and sweetener together the better.
- After 5 minutes, add the Vanilla Extract and Egg. Mix well.
- With a spatula, add in half of your Flour Mixture to the creamed butter- stirring until just incorporated. Then stir in the remainder of the flour.
- Stir in the Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and Walnuts.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough into 24 rounds and flatten them slightly with a fork. The cookies will spread a bit during baking. For a crisper cookie, flatten them a lot, for a softer cookie flatten them slightly. You can see how mine look going into the oven in the below pic. I was going for a softer cookie.
- Place cookie dough on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- My first batch were a tad too brown (still very edible) at 10 minutes and just about right at 8 minutes. So watch your oven carefully as it will vary and cookies go from under cooked to over cooked very quickly.
- Allow the cookies to cool about 5 minutes on the baking trays before transferring to a cooling rack. If cookies are too crumbly to move, allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring. They will firm up nicely as they set and cool.
- Store the Keto Kookies in an airtight container. I left mine in the cupboard but refrigerating or freezing should be okay as well.
Serve with a cup of Irish Tea with a splash of cream or a cold glass of unsweetened chocolate almond milk and I am happy!!
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!!!! Tried and Tested From Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!!!!
Here are some of my Keto Kitchen essentials when making this recipe (you can click on the pics for more details):
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases
One thought on “Dirty Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Looks deliciously dangerous!